In this checklist we would like to summarize several facts you should take into account when selecting a toll manufacturer.
- NDA/Confidentiality: Always check if you are dealing with a reliable and trustworthy partner with a significant track record in blending/tolling chemicals confidentially. A company should welcome NDA’s (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with business partners/clients to ensure absolute confidentiality.
- Quality Control: Make sure the toll blender is able to match the production quality that is desired. Ask for ways they make sure that production quality is ensured.
- Raw Materials purchasing: The toll manufacturer you choose should have a good network in the supply chain of your products. Hereby you make sure that you get a competitive price. Raw materials are often a significant component of the final commercial pricing.
- Knowledgeable partner: Look for a partner with extensive chemical knowhow. You might be surprised by the ways you could improve your product, only of course if this is desirable.
- Packaging: Always check if a custom manufacturer is able to package the chemical products according to your specifications. A lot of toll manufactures also offer private label services.
- Legislation: It is important to look for a manufacturer that also has knowledge about legislation matters. For example knowledge and best practices in applying REACH for products produced in the EU.
- Transportation: To save costs in the supply chain it can be interesting to transport the products directly from the toll manufacturer to your customer. If you want to make use of such a service, always check if there is a possibility for blind shipments. Furthermore, inform if your toller has any limitations in transporting your products on time on the right destination worldwide when needed.
AD Productions provides toll manufacturing and blending services for a wide range of (specialty) chemicals. AD Productions has a track record of more than 40 years and serves global conglomerates as well as regional specialized suppliers. AD Productions offers total program management skills to encompass purchasing, quality control, traceability, documentation and certification. Furthermore we are ISO 9000, 14001 certified and our production facility is licenced under Seveso III regulations and REACH.
More information? Visit our toll blending services page.